Friday, March 20, 2009

A true boy will find and a way to make mud

It has been a wonderful and beautiful week and my kids have been loving the warmth and sunlight. Because there is a big pile of dirt waiting to be planted with our garden it is a prime target for digging with little shovels and big imaginations. Well Michael has grown into an exploring little courious boy with all that comes along with boyhood. There has not been rain all week so the dirt is pretty dry and as many moms know little boys love mud more than dirt. There was no water outside but apprently he had rememberd that there was some water that he had spilled in side one the kitchen floor. So two shovel scoops latter mom had discovered his masterpiece that he was so proud of. He just couldn't understand why mom would not let him continue in this new found fun of making mud in on the kitchen floor. For this is why I love motherhood all these moments that we find ourselves in day in and day out. Mess after mess, lesson after lesson. It is our choice to make it a good one and that I try to do daily and somehow life seems worth going on to the next day

1 comment:

Melissa said...

This made me chuckle. Little boys love mud even before they know what it is! I can't believe your little Michael is going to be two soon!!

We will be up this weekend, but it will be a very quick trip. Josh has a wrestling tournament in Kuna. Anyway, you have number. Call me if you want to try to get together. I don't know if we'll have time, but I'd love to if we can!!

Miss you guys. How are you feeling, btw?

Melissa :)