Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Allsion's trip to the ER with her Dad
If any of you follow my face book you know that I/we as parents at our school are fighting the district on the strict Uniforms that they are trying to pass with the school board. We as parents banded together and expressed our concern and as a result had to go to the School Board meeting to make sure that our opinion would be heard. More on this in a different post. Anyways David was at home with the kids playing Mommy for the evening. Michael was still not feeling well so he was lying with him on the couch. All the other kids were in thier beds. The girls tend to talk and goof around in thier beds until they are tired and David and I don't say much unless they are out of thier beds. I beileve that this is a great time for them to bond and develop friendships. In the middle of this bond Allie some how fell from her top bunk and a blood curdling cry was all it took to wake up Daddy. As Allie walked out of her room David knew and could see that her wrist was badly broken. As a daddy adrenilen kicked in. He raced around to find all the insurance cards and find a babysitter for the reamaining 4 children, and then raced to the hospital about a 25 min drive. I was so pround of him and the way that he handled this. I know that this is a mommy thing and moms are there to comfort but it was a great bonding experience for them. I am greatful for my hubby and all that he does to support me and our family. Allie is doing good. Her Arm is in a splint until latter when we make an appointment with the orthopedic surgen. Her wrist was broke at a 38 degrees angel and in the ER they were able set it back to an 18 degree angle. We will see what they say and then they will cast her. This poor little girl has gone through so much this year and it is not even her birthday yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
OUCH!! Poor girl! That hurts me just thinking about it! I hope everything is okay when you go see the surgeon. What do the degrees mean? Does 18 degrees mean it's still bent? Oh, poor Allison!
Melissa :)
Post a Comment