Sunday A day of pondering and worship
S Sunday is a Specail day to become closer to the Savior
U Unlimitied worship and thoughts of My Savior
N Never a day goes by that I don't anticapate this Holy day
D Devoted to teaching my children the importance of Sunday Worship
A Atoning for my sins the Savior did, unselfishly
Y Yesterday is gone but tomorrow is new and I can make my life like the Saviors yet another day.
As I was pondering the lessons today that were given at church, I again had an overwhelming feeling of peace. Life is just a short part of our excistance and we must learn as much as we can here in this life so that we can continue on in the next life! I was thinking of the last year that I have expereniced with a few crazy trials. I am beginging to see that I am not alone. I am constantly encircled by the love of my Savior. He has not forgotten and never will forget us. As the women in the Scriptures had the faith that if she were to just touch his clothes as he walked by she would be healed. Such is the case with us if we can just have the simple faith and let the Savior heal our broken hearts we can grow. I was thinking of my mother and her faith was of the women in the scripture. Now why do I say this when my mother was taken back to her Father in Heaven and is no longer here. Well her faith was not to be healed physically but she was about the spirital healing and teaching. She had come to know that being spiritally well was better then phycially well. I was reading journal entries she had read in the months that she was sick. Her spiritual life grew stronger with each physical pain she suffered. She turned to the Savior for comfort and peace. When she left this earth I know with out a doubt she was able to answer to her Savior that she had done all she could to bring those to the Saviors feet. She never doubted the power of his healing and love. She served him Faithfully to the End. As a family we read scriptures in the evening. There are nights like tonight when we read that the kids ask questions and we have a good discsion as to what we are reading. But then there are nights when we read a verse or two and then we are done. I have felt that I need to bring the scriptures into my childrens lives even more and so I will now be choosing a scripture that we will study and memorize each week. We will read and talk about the scripture and work on memorizing it for the week. I pray that the kids will feel the spirit of this and simple yet powerful teaching moment and take it with them in their lives as their scripture study becomes more intense as they grow spiritually!
I guess I did not post this like I thought I had! So here it is
Monday, October 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment