Thursday, May 6, 2010

Our day bad and them ended up GOOD

So it has been on of those days where I feel like nothing has been accomplished:( I had an appointment this morning and had to leave by 9:45 am and my sitters kids got sick and she had to cancel so it was a scramble to find another one at 9:00am this morning. Thanks Lauren you are a life savor. Love you lots tell your mom thanks!!!! I took Joseph to the Neurologist and left feeling like the appointment was a waste of time. He basically said that I just needed to go to a better Psychiatric DR for Joseph one that has more training in Autism. As if we do not go to an Autism clinic with some of the best Dr.s in the State for this already. He highly recommended that we go to Dr Levaell. We have seen him already, and was not impressed with him. But at last we will try again. I strongly feel like Joseph does not have Autism and if he does it is not the whole cause of his behaviors. I have done research on Sensory Processing Disorder and he fits all these symptoms to a tee. I had no idea that that there was even something out there like this. Why do the Dr.s just assume that it is Autism and that there can not be anything else out there to explain it. Or are they the same thing but the Dr.s just want to give out drugs so they say nothing about SPD. Occupational Therapy is a way better route to go first before trying drugs right. I was talking to his OT at school and he has a sensory background and says that the drugs can cause a chemical imbalance and cause more behaviors on top of the other ones that were present due to SPD. What if I have done this to my baby, what a bad feeling I have. Although recently I went to the temple and was told that He would be healed and so I rely on my faith in Jesus Christ to bring comfort to my troubled soul. I hope and pray for answers to my questions and that I will be lead to the right Dr. Our next route is the Endocrinologist. Joseph has started going through Puberty already and I am wondering if this is to young or if it is right. So onto another Dr. we go!!! I feel sorry for Joseph and having to go to Dr after Dr. I know he is probably wondering why I worry about him so much and just want him to be a kid.


On a brighter note he did get to be a kid tonight. He was getting ready to go to the YMCA with is best friend his dad. When one of his friends called and wanted to come over to play. What someone wanted to play with Joseph, yes!!!!!!! As a mother it makes me feel great to know that there are kids out there that know how to interact with Joseph. He had fun at first he did not know what to do but soon they were all playing hide and seek!!!! Oh the good old days of childhood games. By the time it was time for everyone to go home nobody wanted to including Joseph he was having so much fun it was amazing to see.

Yet another reason I feel like Joseph does not have Autism. He can play with people and he wants to. He just has a hard time reading the social cues but once he knows how to them he does great and has a blast. We need more of this and more often so that the Drs and Therapist can see for them selves that he can do this. It just takes practice and when you have not practice when you are a little guy then it gets harder and harder the older you get. Also if you are at school and the kids pick on you and tease you all the time who wants to make friends? I would not want to. Anyways that is my story and I am sticking to it!!!!!

No comments: