This year has been a light canning season for me!!! It has been nice knowing that I have already had enough stored on the shelves that I will have plenty for this year and also into the next year. I have done 40 quarts of peaches 25 quarts of pears and 40 pints of salsa. I have done 10 pints of strawberry jam and 10 pints of raspberry jam, and am still working on Blackberry jam. I just have applesauce left and I am also going to be drying apples as well.
I have had my canning things out and about and have not put them back onto the shelves because I use them often. Tonight I was getting the boys ready for bed and Spencer had my big canner in his room, I peered into it to find a pile of dirt and WORMS in it Spencer declared do you like my new worms house , because they like it in here. Can we keep them mom please!!! What a boy. He is always trying to save the worm and I just tell him that they like the dirt and need to stay in it to live so this time he just brought the dirt with them. What a cute little BOY!!!!!
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment