Sammantha is a beautiful and very smart little girl. She is very determined and has to be perfect in all that she does. For instance she knew how to walk but refused to and then one day she just did not crawl at all, and rarely does now. In fact she gets very angry and upset when she falls. She refuses to speak or sign and then all of a sudden she will sign and she has said Jesus and Dadda and Momma. Sammie has never really been very vocal in her expressions. She did not start to laugh or coo until she was 9 months.... And now she will laugh every so often but for sure not an everyday thing maybe a few times a week. Quiet often I will find her trying to put things in the light sockets after she has managed to get the safety plug out. She loves to put things into thing and then take them out and do it again over and over. She does like to scream a very high pitch scream, when she wants something. This is beginning to diminish slowly thanks to positive parenting, and our persistence in teaching her manners. We had family pictures taken last night and that was fun. The studio had a table with chairs and the kids were playing legos. Sammie sat in the red chair while we waited to have our pictures taken and played legos taking them out of the mesh bag and then putting them back into it again. After we were done with the pictures and waited for them to print, Sammie went back to the table and wanted to sit in the same chair, but there was another little girl in it, she persisted until the little girl gave her the chair( nice little girl) And Sammie was not being rude, I think just cute and the little girl wanted to give her the chair. That just seemed odd that a 13 month would even remember the chair. Sammie has an impeccable memory and knows how to follow directions very well and at such a young age. She was 4 months old when she started doing that. I had asked to to go and lay at the other end of her bed and as I was going to help her she rolled over and did it her self.
Things that I am worried about her refusal to eat just about everything that is placed in front of her. She does eat veggies!!! She loves her milk. She loves cheese. She will eat GF pancakes like they are going out of style. She will eat a GF PBJ sandwich. She will also eat Fruits. That is about all that I can think of that she will eat. She refuses meats. She refuses many textures, and so to feed her on her already restricted diet (corn free Wheat free)is very hard. We do not force her to eat and believe that when she needs to eat she will. She still has occasionally diarrhea probably from something that she finds on the floor from one of the other kids. Or she had the opposite and is very constipated.
So my worry is that she has many of the red flags that autistic children have. She does not like to be touched or snuggled she has gut issues, She is self injuries and has fits that last well over an hour. She is very black and white. She is extremely smart and needs alot of attention. Yes she is only one and does need a lot of attention, but instead of developing and moving she is becoming more dependent. Now I do not know if I am being a worry woart or not but because I have a son that is Autistic and has had a ton of the same issues as she has now it makes me think and wonder what is going on in their bodies. My Micheal had me worried but I am beginning to not think so much anymore because he is becoming quiet the social bug. Children that have Autism seem to be more worried about themselves and their world and not so much anything or one around them.
So at Sammie's 15 month appt we will talk with the Dr. and see what he thinks.
I have a whole slew of specialist already being that my son has seen them with his Autism. I have been through therapies and know what to do already so that is not the issue just hopping that as we work on things here at home that she will be able to grow and maybe never have to have a diagnoses. other then Wheat allergy.
Speaking of Wheat allergy we are going to go back to the GI specialist and see what else we can do because to this day I still have never seen a regular poop come out of this kid, poor little girl. Any ways enough about what I am saying I better go to bed.
If you want to look at a great and amazing blog about Autism and getting to the root cause of it then look no further because her is one http://findingtherootcause.blogspot.com/
Friday, December 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Why do our kids give us so much to worry about???
The good thing is that you're noticing all of these things now, and you can start working on helping her to handle them at an early age. Way to go being so observant and keeping track!
She does seem very precarious, doesn't she? Is autism genetic? I thought I heard that it runs more in boys than girls.
Yes Autism is found more in boys then girls. And I hope that she does not have it but the odds are stacking pretty high right now, maybe they are just stages that we are going through. I am going to be talking to the austic team of Dr. that we are with to see what they recommend and have also been doing more research and have found more tests for them to run on my kids as well.
Post a Comment