Sunday, October 11, 2009

I am hoping we are done with the Flu for now

Maddison was our last to get the flu. She like my younger two boys had a high fever of 103.4. It was not fun to see her so sick and sad. I am so glad that she is finally feeling better today. I beleive that we all had the swine flu. Which knocked us out for almost a month going through our house. It was not as bad as I had thought it was with the way the news talked about it. The hard part was keeping the kids hydrated. I bribed them with ginger-ale soda pop or (medicine soda) as the kids would call it. The only thing that we are left with now is a cough and runny noses. So we are still hanging low until the kids are cleared up. Our friends were here on Monday and thier kids have the swine flu now and her mom is a Nurse Practitioner and she said that it is still contagious up to seven days after the fever is gone. Poor kids I feel for any one that gets sick like this. At least we are done now and I can have this baby and hope and pray that our new little one does not get sick. Ok I will stop rambling on and on.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

My doctor suspected that I had swine flu. It really wiped me out and was worse than most of the other bugs I've had in the past. No fun! I hope everyone is fully recovered before your baby arrives!

Melissa :)