Monday, October 20, 2008

Josephs middle of the night escapade

We all went to bed around 10:30 last night butJoseph just was having a hard time falling asleep. David and I woke up at 12:30 1:00 to to find Joseph rustlling around out in the living room. David came out to see what was going on and to his suprise, Joseph had completly dismantled our computer and was moving it to his bedroom. When I asked him this morning why he replied" I didn't want to wake any one up. I could have been mad but I found my self thinking in his shoes. How concerned he was about everyone. A year ago he would not have thought that. He has become very aware of those around him and is starting to see others outside of his little world. So remember that children are only children once and remember to use moments like these as teaching lessons not only for our children but for us as well.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I am glad that Joseph is starting to empathize with others. You are doing a great job, Mommy! :)

We miss you guys!

Melissa :)

Smiths forever said...

I am so greatful to be his mom and see so much improvment in him. He still is very withdrawn and does not talk much but it is an improvement that he is seeing that others do have feelings and is learning to cope with others that surround him.