Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Day at the Smith house!!

Christmas Day at our house starts very early in the morning!!! Well our days usually start early anyway.  Our oldest wakes up at 5am every morning.  What can I say Joseph is just an early riser!!!  He woke up and wanted to open presents and we told him it was not time to yet.  Go watch a movie and let us all sleep please, are the words that we found ourselves repeating for the next 3 hours each time another little one would join Joseph.  We do not get out of bed until around 8am.  It was fun to listen as the last one was up and all the kids were in the living room talking about what they thought Santa had brought them.  It was pretty fun hearing them all giggle and converse about what their most wanted gift was and how they had hoped that Santa had not forgotten to bring it.  The night before I had made doughnuts and a breakfast casserole for breakfast in the morning.  That was the best idea because who wants to cook Christmas morning especially sense I had been up sense 5am.  Now because Christmas falls on a Sunday this year we usually do not open presents until after church but David thought that it would be to long to wait until 2pm.  So we went ahead and opened them and then I got to go back to bed!!!! Merry Christmas to me I got to sleep in, kind of I mostly just laid in bed and listened to the kids playing having a good old time with an occasionally kiss and hug from them as they came in and out of my room.  What sweet kids I have!!!  We all got ready for church and went to Church and sang songs the whole time, one of my favorite things to do!! I am also a part of our ward choir and we sang 2 songs as well it is amazing to watch the congregation as we sing to them.  The spirit that touches each of them even the little children as we sing with all our hearts!!!  I feel like music is one of the most powerful ways in which we can share the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Spirit speaks so powerful to each one that listens!!
I am grateful for this Holiday and the Special time that is set aside for each of us to ponder and think of Jesus Christ and the Power of His birth born to very simple parents in a very lowly place.  May we all remember that Simple is better and that all we really need is to be like the Savior, for he had all he needed.  He taught us that in order to be happy we must follow him and do as he did.  Serving those around him and loving everyone no matter what or who they were.  This is the true meaning of Christmas.  I hope that all of you have  had a Simple yet Special Christmas.  Merry Christmas to all!!!

No comments: