i am sure I will write more soon but it is late so I will just recap my journey home. My heart aches for my Mom and Dad as death has temperarely separated their bodies. yet I know that soon they will be reunited again soon. Not soon enough some days, like Tuesday Morning when I took my children loaded them in the car and with my Uncle gave my Dad one last hug goodbye before making the 1200 mile journey from Kansas back to Idaho. That was difficult. I am what you call a closet cryer so rarely I show emotion but inside I was sobbing, aching for my Dad, and also knowing when I come back in a year my mother will no longer be there to hug and laugh with.
Me my Uncle and my 3 children Allison Michael and Sammie drove off at 10am we headed to moms grave before we left to say one last good bye. Then we were off. We drove all the way to Fort Collins a 10 hour drive from Baldwin City Kansas. We got to the Hotel just fine. Thank you uncle Mike for the nice comfortable room in which we were able to give your body a rest and a break from the 5 hour energy drinks. plus my kids learned who and how the tickle monster was, a fond childhood memory I still hold with me!!! We had family prayer and then calming down for bed. Uncle Mike came in to check on us and Sammie who had been sick with fever I sat up and and cold ice went down my back and the war was now on!!! For the next 10 or so minutes me and the kids laughed and giggled as we had an ice war with uncle mike and of course we won!!! but not before we all had ice down our shirts it was a fun time!! The kids call uncle mike the ankle eater because of his trade mark for wanting to eat ankles:) yes there was plenty of that as well!! I got all the kids bathed and in bed quietly!! We woke up the next morning and got ready,packed and while we ate breakfast Uncle Mike loaded the car for us!!
We drove the 8 hours only seeing a few snow flakes! We made it to Uncle Mikes and to a yummy home cooked meal made by my most awesome favorite Cousin Preston!!! Stir Fry Veggies and hummus and Roasted broccli. Talk about a yummy meal:) I got the kids down for bed and was able to have a little adult conversation. Sammie was still sick and I was blessed enough to have a priesthood holder in my mist:) Uncle Mike gave her a beautiful blessing and she fell right asleep.
Although Sammie was up most the night we seemed to be refreshed enough to get up at 7am. I had one goal in mind to get to the temple that morning. I had an amazing friend that helped me make this possible. Thanks Liz for watching my 3 kids!!! They had a blast and are still talking about all the fun things they did at your house!! Uncle Mike and I drove for the first time in silence to the temple. I wanted to go to a temple session ever sense Mom Passed on. Thank You Uncle Mike for taking me to the temple. It was truly an experience I shall never forget!! I have the best family support ever!! After we finished at the temple we went out to get a bite to eat it was very yummy. We then drove to the Airport so Uncle Mike could catch a flight out to visit his Mom.
I had a great opportunity to go with Liz and all our kids to temple square and enjoy the spirit that was present!! We spent about two hours wandering around and walking and talking it was so good to catch up!! We then drove back to Uncle Mikes and Preston's house and enjoyed pizza bread sticks and very large cookies it was fun!! Preston and I talked and talked and the kids watched a movie. It was so much fun!! Wish we lived closer together!! I love that I can talk to some people about everything and know that they understand and care.
As the evening wound down we all went to sleep and for the first time in a week I slept in until 8am. It felt nice. We mozied around and left around 11am. We went to Liz's house and visited for a while longer and ended up leaving around 1:30pm for the 5 hour drive to Caldwell.
Our drive was mostly uneventful. We made it to Tremonton UT before the snow hit. It was not heavy snow but it was still snow. It snowed until we got out of Burley Idaho. I have to say it was a white knuckle drive as soon as the car started to slide on the road, making our average speed around 35 mph. The kids were good and slept through the whole snow storm:) Putting on another 2 hours on our trip but knowing we were safe made it better. Shortly after the storm the kids woke up and we all stopped to rest, the kids ran and I unraveled my nerves and streched out my tight fingers!! All the while
I thought of my Mom and not being able to call her and talk to her as I would normally do on a trip like this. Oh how I miss my Mom she was such a strength an support to me. I told the kids we would stop and get a treat so we all had Wendy's Dollar menu for dinner, with ice water it hit the spot:) We arrived home just before 9pm and all of us were ready for bed. It was nice to have family scriptures and Family Prayer. Knowing that my children look forward to this daily reasures me that not only am I teaching them but the Spirit is doing the teaching as well. I am grateful for the testimonies that continue to grow inside each of us. I want to thank all those that made this trip bareble. I know that the Lord answers our prayers in ways we would never imagine.
Thank you to my amazing husband that even though he was unable to come along he was home with 3 of the kids taking care of them and sharing support over the phone and facebook. For his job that has afforded us to spend time 3 times in Kansas this summer. The Lord really does know our needs and watches over us when we need it the most.
My uncle Mike has been a source of strength for me driving with me to and from Kansas, providing a shoulder to cry on in the days after my Moms passing. And the comfort he was to my dad as he experienced this same expereince 20 years early with My Aunt Linda The blessing of him being on stand bye afforded 3 extra days with us between his busy fling schedule as a pilot. I thank him for every thing he has done to make this an easier transition to life without my mother by our sides. I love you Uncle Mike more than words can express.
Thanks to all my other friends that helped out you will never know the kindness I have felt by you guys.
Most of all to my Father in Heaven for providing peace and comfort in a much needed time.
Saturday, December 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment