What an evening we had! We were sitting down to dinner it was later than normal. I was calling the kids to come and eat, and getting dinner on the table. Maddie and Michael were upstairs playing and laughing and having fun. Then in an instant things changed. Maddie came down stairs and said "mom you should come look at Michael's wrist". He was crying but he was not hysterical I took one look at it and saw it was broken. We went to the ER. It was almost 8 and I knew from Allie's broken arm that it would have to be done at the hospital. The Dr and nurses were amazed at how brave he was and how he just laided there and every once in awhile he complained that it hurt. They gave him an IV and some meds to put him under and then they manipulatived his wrist which was a very painful process to watch but Michael slept through the whole thing! They x-rayed it and then had to do it again. We finally left about 11:15. We came home and ate and then went to bed! What a night we had!
I am thankful for all the modern technology that can help my little Michael feel better. He is so darn cute. Ok so how did this happen, he being the jumping monkey that he is jumped from his sisters top bunk onto the other bed and his arm hit the window sill. He has now said he will never do it again!
Again I am thankful for the Dr and nurses and all the technology that allow broken bones to be put back together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment